Wednesday, August 29, 2018

BILLBOARD FAN ARMY FACE/OFF : Why ELF Actually Paid Attention


First of all, I won't be speaking for the whole fandom. We all have our own reasons. But I'm gonna speak for my friends (who I know will either be agreeing with me wholeheartedly or I'm gonna force them to) and I just want everyone to understand why all of a sudden, ELF paid attention to this fan army thing happening on Billboard right now.

Okay...

So believe it or not, most of us do not really know about the on-going bracketing on Billboard. It wasn't even about Super Junior, after all. It was about us, ELF. It was about who the strongest fandom is; and while mine has been known to be quite competitive when it comes to things like this, I honestly think we've grown out of that phase and we all just wanted stress-free lives focused on dealing with our boys.

In short, we didn't care at all. The past bracket scores will prove that to everyone. Most of us are busy young adults focused on real life issues and we know we didn't have time for things like this...

'Didn't.' 

We really didn't care until Choi Siwon and Lee Donghae decided to fuck everyone's lives up by mentioning this on Twitter and Weibo. 

Now the question is... Why did I say that?

What many new fans should understand is that ELF is no different from other fandoms. We are as passionate as anyone else when it comes to our boys; but while we are always so competitive, we are quite lax with things about our fandom. I mean, we don't care about the glory if it's gonna be directly about us. And this Billboard thing is one perfect example. This does not actually gives honor to SJ directly. Should we win, it will recognize us, ELF. And we just don't care about it.

But why are we stressing to win?

This is my personal opinion: We know Siwon and Donghae enough to understand what those posts mean. The tweet and the Weibo post? It was a challenge. They were challenging us again.

Those fuckers.

No, most of us do not care at all about those haters who keep throwing shades on us. We want to win because we really want to prove Donghae and Siwon, and the rest of Super Junior members that we can. It's as simple as that.

Plus, here's the most important fact: SJ wants us to win. And whatever they want, we serve. Because after all, that is what they do in return.

I'm not being an ass to others. The Stylers are working hard right now and I swear, they're all so sweet and I really love the clean rivalry. But I hope people will understand that this is more like a battle between ELF and SJ. Really.

I don't want to be complacent, at all. It's just that I want to let others know what some old fans like us think about this bracket. And I want to reiterate that this is my opinion. And I know I'm sharing this with many others.

So I hope people don't badmouth our fandom ever again. Because winning is not always about proving a point to others. For us ELF, it's about slapping the boys' faces with the truth that we are still alive, and of course... giving in to their spoiled asses' wishes.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?