Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dear You,
I honestly lost track of time. No, I guess it's okay for me to say now that I forgot... until I was reminded that there's gonna be something today - which happens to be your 29th birthday.
Maybe, I moved on already? Maybe I'm okay? Maybe, I have already shrugged the pain your sudden departure has brought since it has already been two years? I really don't know, except the fact that yeah, I'm okay now.
And I guess, most of us are, already.
But of course, there are these times when I just have to surrender the fact that I miss you - to the point that I want to turn back time. I tried to shrug it all off by the idea that maybe, the emotions are all just part of the fact that I miss the whole gang. But no, I know I miss you for who you are.
I miss the softness of your voice. I miss how it's always calm and soothing. I miss your smiles even though I could no longer tell which among those are real and fake. I miss how you would protect your members in SJM (especially Donghae and Henry). I miss everything.
But I guess I've learned to accept the fact that it would never happen again...
...although I also learned how to believe in miracles.
I know I promised to believe. Everybody did. But people get tired. You know that so well and I think I might have learned that from you too. It's human nature, after all. And besides, I have let you go when you decided to leave. You wanted to control your destiny and I was made to believe that it is our fate to separate.
Nonetheless, I offer you support. Maybe not like how I used to anymore, but in my heart, I will always cheer and hope for the best for you. Because you deserve that; you do deserve that.
So happy birthday... Take care of your health. Stop smoking, okay? And yeah, thank you so much for all the memories.

With all sincerity,
Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?