Thursday, July 30, 2009

SuJu's Way of Teaching Things


A person looks up to another not just because of the latter’s talent, beauty or wit. A person idolizes another person because of personality; because of characteristics.
Another thing, one idolizes someone because he wants to be just like that person. I don’t know for the others, but for me, it’s because I want to be loved the way my idol is being loved by me.
I just thought of these things when I read several comments about Lee Dong Hae. After talking a lot about Eeteuk-oppa in my recent posts, no one would bother if I shift to Dong Hae this time.
The death anniversary of Lee Dong Hae’s father is approaching. And as every ELF knows, Dong Hae-oppa hasn’t fully recovered yet from the loss. Well, here is something I knew I’ve been thinking a lot of already: Dong Hae’s love for his father actually taught me how to love my dad.
You see, a lot of people say that I am sweet and thoughtful. But honestly, I find it hard to show those traits to my family. I am too afraid that the sweetness won’t be reciprocated by the same thing. They aren’t the type of people to tolerate my choco-syndrome, as what I call it, especially my dad.
But Dong Hae taught me how to take the risk. Unknowingly, his great love for his dad taught me to value my father more. Now that my dad’s far from us, (he’s supervising a business in another province) I can’t help but tell myself that I should have at least one dream for him – something I have to do to make him prouder.
My dad has been very supportive of my chosen profession. More than my mom, he is the one most willing to serve me meals during late-night hours of editing. He always tells me that he will always be by my side and that he’s doing everything he can for me, and for the family.
At first, I don’t really give attention. But after seeing how Dong Hae is to his father, I started to realize that I need a little change in myself.
I am doing this because I like Dong Hae. I love his moves, his humor, his beauty. But most of all, I want to be like him. I want to show my dad how much I love him too, just like how Dong Hae is to his father.
And someday, before everything’s too late, I will be able to tell my dad how great he is. Someday, I’m gonna make him proud of his only daughter, of his baby girl.
**
Now I get it why I love SuJu so much and why I consider them one of the best groups in the world. They have their way of teaching things. And I’m glad to be their student. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?