Tuesday, April 12, 2011

To Yuxing-Unnie… And to all the People Who Have Been Reading this Blog.


Haha. I have just told you one thing I have always wanted to say. And I’m telling you again that whenever you give your insights about my articles, whether it is in agreement or in contrast of what I said, I am delighted. I’m seriously delighted.
Because through you, I am convinced that there is someone who pays attention to the attention-seeking, trying hard writer that I am. Because of you, I started believing that I have thoughts worth sharing and though not technically, I am worth listening to. Because of you, I knew more things I’m good at.
Whenever I get lonely and I need someone to tell me that everything’s gonna be okay, you’re always there. Though we’re literally oceans apart and I don’t think we’ll be meeting each other in person anytime soon, nothing compares to the friendship we have. Through thick and thin, I know you’re there.
And with that, I just want you to know that I’m sticking with you. I have always wanted to say this to you again but I guess, my busy schedule and my shyness always gets in the way. This may sound so funny as how it did before but I just want to remind you that people come and go out of my life like a fast-paced story. Most people I love chose to leave me hanging and it hurt me. I am that unfortunate and I don’t know what I did in my past life to deserve such hate. But I am proud to say that I am unfortunate with romance but when it comes to friends, and I mean REAL FRIENDS, I know I’m the luckiest bitch in the world.
If not, I wouldn’t have known you.
Of course, there are lots of other people who play the same role as yours in my life. But you know what? I don’t look at people similarly. I find the differences and you are one of those who stand out.
Maybe it’s because you are my first foreign friend. Maybe it’s because I find it amazing how we both can understand each other’s personality even though we haven’t met yet. Maybe it’s because I see myself in you – only, a Singaporean version.
Yes, that’s how it is. I see myself in you and I am sure that I have told you this already. It’s not a compliment, I know. I wouldn’t even blame you if you find it insulting. But that truth remains. You are my other person and I am just so glad that you’re there.
I remember, it’s that article about miracles which drew you to my blog. If I remember it correctly, I said there that if a person encounters a miracle and it does not suit his taste and definition of the word, it is eternally rejected. Now, I’m telling you that I am thankful to God that I knew that fact beforehand. If I didn’t, I bet I’ll be living a life without you on it.
Thank you for being a miracle to me, Unnie. Thank you.
***************************************************
And to people who have subscribed to this blog, not just because of that crappy SS3 Manila FAQs, but because they find my articles worth the read, I KNOW I CAN NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH. I believe in miracles and I am just so lucky to have you all around.
Big group hug?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?