Saturday, September 18, 2010

RANDOM: Compromise Makes Magic


Your happiness or others’ satisfaction?
If you get to answer this easily, then I guess I have to ask you again…

ARE YOU SURE?

When I was younger and someone asks this question, I would readily choose the best for others. I am that martyr. I am that dedicated to making this world a better place. I am so very much convinced that making others happy is my call; and I have made myself believe that I am born to serve others…
But you know what, the more I become like that, the more the situation worsens. And later on, I realized that all the while, I’ve been trying to protect other people’s happiness… to the extent that I have forgotten mine.
That woke me up from all the sacrifices.
One person managed to make me understand the true value of living. He made me realize that in this life, I should always prioritize myself – and that means MY HAPPINESS should always come first.
Yeah, by now, you already know what my choice is.
But then there are crossroads in my life. At times, I choose what’s best for others. I think it is inevitable, but somehow, it has turned into an occasional moment for me. And here is my technique:
I make things meet halfway. I try to weigh the decision. I do things for them, and then make sure that I, too, will gain from it. Others may say I’m selfish but this is a basic  rule of life with which everybody must comply.
At first, I will feel guilty, but that’s merely because I am human. At the end of the day, everything will turn alright because I know that I have done my part.
Indeed, compromise makes magic. But it could never be complete without guidance from God. Yes, I don’t base my decision on my instincts alone. I ask for His opinion, and to know His answer, I wait for signs.
Everyone, getting hurt and getting someone hurt is a part of life. What is important is that we understand how to get over the pain and guilt we might experience. And what is more important is that we make ourselves happy. After all, you can’t give what you don’t have.
So if you want to make others happy and give them the satisfaction they thought they need from you, then make  yourself happy too.
THIS IS VERY RANDOMLY WRITTEN BECAUSE MY PARENTS WERE NOISY THAT I COULDN’T PRODUCE COHERENT THOUGHTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?