Thursday, March 24, 2011

Detour


I remember what Geng said before… That someday, someone has to drift back. And though it tags along some painful thoughts, I have to admit that it isn’t always the case.
Because right now, I am that someone who has to drift back.
Yes. I’m off for some detour.
It’s the Lenten Season and my youth organization was given the responsibility to come up with a good Easter Sunday production. Some will be dancing during the mass while others are in the choir, and some are going to act for a short presentation before the traditional ‘Salubong’ at 3AM.
And I’m doing the script for the presentation. More so, I’m gonna direct it.
Now that’s my life.
When I was still in college, I have always dreamed of this. I have always wanted to practice my profession without pay in the church. I have always wanted to do something I love for the love of God. I sound so ironic, right? (Considering all the kinkiness and hateful entries I have been posting lately).
Now, it’s gonna happen.
This goal started when I realize that I don’t have the money to finance the Church nor merely my organization. I don’t have the wealth to donate much. But I have the talent to make people realize that Church isn’t boring. I know I can contribute in letting other people know that Church isn’t just about masses and prayers.
I have thought of that since I was in second year college. That was like… 4 years ago. I thought I wouldn’t be able to do it anymore for some personal reasons. But yeah, someone drifts back.
And I’m on my way back to the realization of that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?