Monday, June 6, 2011

Like an Underwater Lagoon


Two hours. I can’t believe I spent just two hours sleeping after I-don’t-know-how-many hours of watching Hana Yori Dango on DVD. I swear, this is the first time I got to finish a drama – a Japanese, to emphasize – with just one go.
It’s the first time I watch the Japanese version and I have to admit the fact that it has the best plot among the three. Then I realized something: Meteor Garden was phenomenal because it was what started it all (or so I think). Boys Over Flowers’ strength is the setting and the way they insert their own styles on the plot of the story. Hana Yori Dango got me because of the cinematography, and its driving force to make its viewers think between each scene.
But the greatest realization is this: I’m still not over someone. And all the time I’m watching HYD, I can’t help but remember him on Hanazawa Rui.
After the drama and before I go to sleep (that was like 6AM already), I was crying literally. I really didn’t think that the Japanese scenes would strike on me. I never shed tears for Meteor Garden and Boys over Flowers, after all. I don’t know, but all of a sudden, I felt hallow.
Something’s missing in me; something I don’t know why I can’t fill in. There is this void inside which I cannot deny, no matter how hard I try to cover. It’s like an underwater lagoon. It’s under the ocean and covered with water, but it still is recognizable when seen from the sky. People think it’s beautiful – or I think it is, – like it’s a wonder (since not all oceans have it); but then nothing can change the fact that it is still a void.
I want to get rid of it. But my fear won’t allow.
Hanazawa Rui, what have you done to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?