Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Yin and Yang


Yin-Yang represents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work. The outer circle represents “everything”, while the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two energies, called “yin” (black) and “yang” (white), which cause everything to happen. They are not completely black or white, just as things in life are not completely black or white, and they cannot exist without each other.
I do not fully know the concept of the Yin Yang symbol. But when I see this, only two persons come to my mind: Leeteuk and Heechul.

credits as tagged

They are the pillars of Super Junior. This is one fact which is to known to everyone of us, even to themselves. They are the driving forces and the guiding lights of a 15-manned group called Super Junior. They are the greatest epitomes of brotherhood and platonic love. They are the most indispensable members, among the indispensable members of the family.
And they… They are the strengths of each other.
They are the two energies which make the Sapphire Blue revolve. If not for them, can we even imagine how we all are? They, the most, give life to everything. Though Jungsoo is the leader, we cannot deny the fact that Heechul’s presence greatly affects the kind of leadership Jungsoo practices.
Because we know that if Jungsoo gets tired, Heechul takes over.
I have always loved the interactions between these two. From the very beginning, Heechul had protected his only hyung and Jungsoo has always depended on his co-83-line member. It is their love for each other which best epitomizes the love Super Junior has for each other, and for us.
 When I first saw the picture of Heechul supporting Jungsoo as he sleeps on a metal box, I instantly felt immensely grateful towards Heenim. A few more pictures, a few more years and I was given the video caught from GDA 2010. Heechul covering Jungsoo’s eyes and whispering him (consoling) words touched my heart the most. Then, I began to wonder, if there’s no Heechul, what would Jungsoo become?
It was a one-sided thought, I know. But everything changed when the incident on SS3 Shanghai happened. On another concert, Heenim was wearing his mask to cover the pitiful scar on his beautiful face when he ran to Jungsoo like a kid and hugged him tight.
That was when I knew that the Yin and Yang of Super Junior really exists.
The bond these two has on my mind was further strengthened by their current guesting on Guerilla Date. The way they talk about each other, it’s so candid but I felt that strong connection between these two idols which I definitely look up the most.
Just like the Yin and the Yang, Jungsoo and Heechul are complete opposites. But you see, there is nothing without them. ELFs know this by heart and I know that even non-fans have felt this: When Jungsoo and Heechul are together, they become the most invincible pair.
These two set examples. No, they set rules. They have the charisma which affects everybody who give their selves a chance to know these two beautiful people. Through the way they are, Leeteuk and Heechul convince the world that though we are all different; at one point, we all can meet together and create a splendid world.
The Yin Yang has another concept.
While “yin” would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, “yang” would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The shape of the yin and yang sections of the symbol, actually gives you a sense of the continual movement of these two energies, yin to yang and yang to yin, causing everything to happen: just as things expand and contract, and temperature changes from hot to cold.
Well, I want to think that this no longer applies to them. But truth is, it does. After all, Jungsoo and Heechul aren’t gods. They aren’t perfect either. As they are both humans, they are capable of being passive,  contracting and weak. But since they are the Yin and the Yang, one stays active, expanding and strong. One supports the other to preserve the continual movement of life.
Park Jungsoo. Kim Heechul.
Both are turning 29 on July. Little more time and they’ll be setting off to the army and then eventually to their own lives. I cannot be ready for that time that I should let them go. But somehow, I am certain that whatever happens and wherever life takes us, I will forever be proud that once in my life, I have known two of the greatest people; which changed the way I see the world.
If not for them, I really do not know what I could have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?