Friday, September 23, 2011

Passion Over Money


For one day, I got to go back to myself. In spite of the abrupt notice, the on-the-spot decisions, the long break from it, and despite not being paid… Finally! I got the chance to do what I really want, even just for one day.
I missed the applauses of people. I missed the screams. I missed the curses backstage. I miss the panic. I missed the sweat and tears. I missed the smiles. I missed the feeling. I missed this passion. I miss production. I missed myself.
Indeed, this is the stress that I love.
Ditching work is never regretted. I even feel proud. In spite of being not able to receive any amount for that day, I got to be happy… to be really happy. And I think it’s what really, really matters.
I guess life has taught me one lesson last night. In working, it’s not really how much you earn that drives you to enjoy what you’re doing. It’s about the joy and the contentment you feel when you’re there, when you’re on the spot of making things happen, of making your dreams come true.
That explains why there are people who gets contented on being in a low employment position. This is the reason why there are still people who are filled with humility to just stay where they are. Not that they’re not dreaming big for themselves and their families, but because they know that forcing oneself to do something which does not make him happy is like doing nothing at all.
Getting employed is one of the biggest blessings God has ever given me. I love my company. I love my officemates. But as I say, this is not my field. This is not what I want to do. Sure thing, I can but if the articles I write do not meet my expectations, how can it meet others’? especially my bosses’?
As Bob Ong (MY IDOL!!!) had once said, technical writing is important. But the truth is: it is for others to do. His call is for something creative.
And I guess, that applies to me too.
After the production, I went home tired. But I am the happiest person I know. I got to help the people I love. I got to do what I want. Two birds hit with one stone. Awesome, yeah?
And then before I went to sleep last night, I thought of one thing: Super Junior. We all know how SM is. We can’t be idiots not to know that there are financial discrepancies. But the boys continue to do what they love doing. They continue to give us the best of who they are and of what they can do.
Yes, too good to be true.. ^^
I wish everybody will understand that it’s not everyday that you find the passion to do something. So if you get the chance and you are presented with the opportunity, grab it. No hesitations. No thinking twice. If it’s a low-paying job, so be it! After all, the sense of accomplishment pays more.^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?