Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Perfect Song from Zhou Mi

credits: Kiettana @ youtube

Because of You (original by Kelly Clarkson)

I will not make the same mistake that you did
I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did, you fell so hard
I learned the hard way to never let it get that far

Because of you, I'll never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you, I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you, I find it hard to trust not only me but everyone around me
Because of you... I am afraid.

I watched you die. I heard you cry, every night in your sleep.
I was so young, you should have known better than to lean on me.
You never cared of anyone else, you just saw your pain
And now I cry in the middle of the night, for the same damn thing...

Because of you, I'll never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you, I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt.
Because of you, I find it hard to forget everything.
Because of you, I don't know how to let anyone else in.
Because of you, I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty.
Because of you, I am afraid.
Because of you...

Among all the songs sung on Super Show 4 Seoul, this is the most meaningful one for me. Zhou Mi stood on the Korean stage on his own, braved everything and sang this song. 

And I wish that people who keep on detracting Zhou Mi (and Henry, for this matter) will understand the very meaning of this song.

The two went through a lot because of some ridiculous Only13 stans who keep on throwing insults and hate on them. For how many years, they have experienced so much pain and were treated so inhumane by people who wouldn't understand their presence in the group. 

And it just makes me so friggin' proud when Zhou Mi used his music to express in public - in a concert - how he probably feels. Of course, I am just assuming; but anybody who understands what this song really talks about would agree, that this song was really the perfect one for Zhou Mi.

When I saw the video, the emotions overwhelmed. Zhou Mi's eyes, like Sungmin's, served as a window to his soul. In his eyes, I saw a lot of emotions - happiness, fear, anger, gratitude. All four were there. 

Geez. No words for Zhou Mi's greatness. He's just too perfect I can't even.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?