Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Made My Day

Just a few minutes ago, I have received a call from an anonymous number. Since I usually answer that, thinking that it's something important, I picked up my phone and the conversation went like this:

Me: Hello?

Girl on the line: Hi, good afternoon! Mr. Park Jungsu?

Talk about kilig.

It really wasn't supposed to be that way but I felt some strange sensation when I was referred to as Park Jungsu. I had to tell her immediately that I don't have connections with the leader, and I really didn't tell her who Park Jungsu really is so it doesn't make much sense to her. But to me, it's something worth smiling for and it literally made up my day.

It turned out that it was a call from World Vision and they are confirming some things about the sponsorship I did under the leader's name. It was obvious in the voice of the girl I was talking to that there were some doubts, especially when I asked for the child's profile.

But you know why I did that? Because I am excited to know who the recipient of the sponsorship is.

You see, education is one of the most important things for me. I hate ignorance as much as I hate violence, and to me, to let people get proper education - and that includes good training with values - will eventually lead to a better world.

That is why I can't help but get giddy with the thought that I'll be able to help a child go to school. Add to that the other truth that I'm doing this not just for the child's sake but for Leeteuk's as well. I know that this doesn't really contribute much, but I have this hope that the child that will be figuratively fostered by Park Jungsu will take the initiative to discover how great the person behind that name is... and I hope he/she follows the leader's steps.

It's hard to convince people that this is more than just a project. It's difficult to make people understand that I'm not doing this for the sake of recognition. But as long as my heart is pure with the intention of hitting two birds with one stone,

I will be more than happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?