Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What Parents Cannot Understand About Fandom


In the world today, most of the social problems involve youth – drug addiction, teenage pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. It is a fact known to almost everyone. Every day, the number of cases increases. It’s such despair to even just think about it.  Why this is happening, nobody can really tell.
The government officials have been exerting all efforts to save the youth from all these frustrating instances. Most fail because there is one thing that they don’t understand about the generation today: It is in the nature of every kid to need to find something else to occupy their selves with before they could leave something they have gotten used to behind.

THIS IS WHAT PARENTS SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR TO KPOP.

Personally, this is my argument against my mom everytime she questions my fandom. Whenever she contradicts my plans which involve KPOP, I just tell her that it is my only escape; and I would rather be like this than be like others who are astray.
Indeed, my parents should be thankful to Super Junior and this fandom. If not for them, I would have been out tonight drinking with random friends. If not for them, I wouldn’t have worked hard to support them and this addiction. If not for them, I could have been with the wrong company.

IF NOT FOR SUPER JUNIOR, I WOULDN’T HAVE BEEN IN THE RIGHT TRACK OF MY LIFE.

What my parents cannot understand is the fact that KPOP changes lives in a way that cannot be explained. It’s something that someone should experience in order to comprehend. It’s crazy but it’s magical. It’s funny but it’s real.
KPOP addiction, on its real essence, is beyond what my mom and dad think it is. So it’s a continuous challenge. I want to make them see the good things Super Junior has been doing to me and make them realize that I am still the person that they want me to be.
And it’s a good thing to challenge myself with. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?