Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Memory I Want to Forget


credits: gMyzo @ youtube
It was two years ago. It was way, way back before I even know they exist. But the fear still remains…
April 19, 2007. As the boys were heading home from a Sukira broadcast, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun and Teukkie, along with their managers, met a terrible accident. The van they’re in crashed causing injuries to its passengers, particularly on Kyuhyun and Teukkie.
Eunhyuk and Shindong weren’t hurt so much. But Teukkie and Kyuhyun got the most injuries. Teukkie had to undergo surgery wherein he got more than a hundred stitches on his back and face, due to wounds caused by shattered glasses. Worse, Kyuhyun was unconscious. He was sitting at the seat next to the driver and his condition was unstable for how many months. He stayed at the ICU, proving how serious his condition was. He couldn’t even speak after gaining consciousness again.
Allow me to cry while writing this. I just can’t contain it.
The scene from that accident, as how I saw it on video, was indeed a memory to forget. Actually, April 19 is, to me. Because everytime I remember it, the fear lives on.
If anything else like this happens again, I wouldn’t know what to do.
Yesung’s voice resonates in my head. It echoes. It continues playing. The sobs, the pauses, everything implies serious sadness. And never ever do I want to hear this kind of despair again.
It will exactly be 2 years tomorrow, since the accident took place, since we almost lost them. And yes, I’m just so thankful that I have known them after what happened and the four are perfectly okay now.
And I pray that they will stay like what they are for forever.
Lord, I lift them up to You. Since You, alone, can protect them from every danger this world brags about. Please guide them always and put them in Your warmth embrace. Let the memory from two years ago never happen again. Let them not be hurt in any way. Please Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?